Monthly Construction and Environmental Update
West End (SR 79)
- Construction safety zone in effect along SR79. Speed limit reduced to 45 mph.
- Culvert slopes west of SR79 remain stabilized with permanent vegetation, Rolled Erosion Control Products (RECP), and wattles installed at culvert walls.
- Final layer of asphalt completed.
- Permanent traffic stripping, pavement markers, and signs scheduled to be completed during the first week of November.
- Three Step Pools near Green Drive along Self Creek are functional. All areas remain stabilized with permanent vegetation and RECP.
- Sediment Basins slopes remain stabilized with permanent seed and RECP.
- Perimeter controls remain in place along stream to protect water quality.
- Sediment Basins (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly. Active stormwater treatment applied as necessary to discharge clean water.
Mainline (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- Soil Nail Wall, and Pneumatic Concrete Blanket completed.
- Finished slopes stabilized with permanent vegetation.
- Mainline subgrade has been completely “capped” with small aggregate.
Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs being installed as required or needed.
- Eight permanent and four temporary sedimentation basins with skimmers remain functional. Active stormwater treatment used as necessary to discharge clean water from basins.
- Eight Level Spreaders associated with permanent sedimentation basins are functional.
- Inlet grates have been installed on all median drainage boxes.
- Trash rack grates have been installed on all sedimentation basins.
East End (SR 75)
- Construction safety zone in effect along SR75. Speed limit reduced to 45 mph.
- Final asphalt layer completed. Permanent traffic stripping and signs remaining.
- New ditch slopes have been protected with RECP and hay mulch.
- Detention Basin- Basin soils remain stabilized with permanent vegetation.
- Ramp and access road near church have been paved.
- Permanent vegetation will be mowed during first week of November.
- Guard rail installation along shoulders is completed.
- ADEM Storm Water General Construction Permit Notice of Termination will be applied for during first week of November 2016.
- Completed ramp slopes remain stabilized with permanent seed and RECP. Completed ramp roads remain “capped” with aggregate.
- “Punch list” work throughout project site remains on-going.
Environmental Status this reporting period
- One Rain Days: 10/17 (0.08”),
- Total rainfall for October was less than 0.1 inches.
- There were no “qualifying rain events” (greater or equal to 0.75”) and no Non-Compliant conditions during October.