Monthly Construction and Environmental Update
West End (SR 79)
- Utility work related to fiber optic lines and gas relocation work ongoing.
- Jefferson County water line installation (under separate NPDES permit) ongoing near SR 79 and Green Drive. BMPs installed by Jefferson County contractor.
- Site preparation activities completed for Sedimentation basins 5 on west side of SR79.
- Sedimentation basin 4 area cleared with slopes seeded/mulched.
- Tree clearing for road way widening underway on north side of Self Creek.
- Sediment Retention Barrier installed on north and south sides of Self Creek.
- Clearing begun for Sedimentation basin 4 to the south of Sedimentation basin 5.
- Temporary Sedimentation basins 31 and 32 (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly. Active stormwater treatment applied as necessary to discharge clean water.
Mainline (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- Jefferson County water line installation ongoing along SR75. BMPs installed by Jefferson County contractor.
- On-going construction
- Soil Nail Wall
- Blasting of rock throughout mainline section as needed
- Removing waste soil to off-site pit.
- Finished slopes stabilized with permanent vegetation.
- Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs being installed as required or needed.
- Temporary, permanent, and post-construction BMPs remain in place.
- Construction entrances remain stabilized with aggregate.
- Diversion berms, slope drains, and drainage sump excavations have been installed where needed.
- Sediment barriers installed at buffers, stream and construction limits.
- Six permanent and one temporary sedimentation basins with skimmers and baffles are functional. Active stormwater treatment used as necessary to discharge clean water from basins.
- Six Level spreaders associated with permanent Sedimentation basins are functional.
Temporary slope drains, diversion berms, swales, sumps, wattles, ditch checks, and temporary seed/mulch remain installed.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 12 Rain Days: 4/1 (0.49”), 4/3 (0.46”), 4/7 (0.33”), 4/10 (1.03”), 4/13 (0.59”), 4/14 (0.31”), 4/15 (0.20”), 4/17 (0.69”), 4/18 (0.58”), 4/20 (1.16”), 4/26 (1.75”), 4/29 (0.40”)
- Total rainfall for April was approximately 8.00 inches
- One temporary turbid discharge on April 28, 2015. ADEM notified and remedy initiated on April 28, 2015.