Monthly Construction and Environmental Update
West End (SR 79)
- Construction safety zone in effect along SR79. Speed limit reduced to 45 mph.
- Culvert slopes west of SR79 remain stabilized with permanent vegetation, Rolled Erosion Control Products (RECP), and wattles installed at culvert walls.
- Eastern half of culvert construction completed. Fill slopes have been seeded and RECP installed.
- Traffic has been shifted to east to ride on newly placed asphalt.
- All lanes will have final asphalt layer completed by early to mid-October.
- Final traffic stripping will be done two weeks after all asphalt is completed (late-October).
- Remaining work on west side of SR79 has been completed.
- New ditch lines on east side of SR79 that drain north and south of new culvert remain stable with RECP and wattles.
- Three Step Pools near Green Drive along Self Creek are functional. All areas remain stabilized with permanent vegetation and RECP.
- Sediment Basin slopes remain stabilized with permanent seed and RECP.
- Perimeter controls remain in place along stream to protect water quality.
- Sediment Retention Barrier (silt fence and hay bales) remain at Self Creek.
- Sediment Basins (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly. Active stormwater treatment applied as necessary to discharge clean water.
- General items: Site mowing of all permanent vegetation has been completed.
- Completed ramp slopes are stabilized with permanent seed and RECP. Completed ramp roads are now “capped” with aggregate.
- North Access Road and cul-de-sac at Old Tennessee Pike Road have been paved.
“Punch list” work throughout project site remains on-going.
Mainline (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- Soil Nail Wall, and Pneumatic Concrete Blanket completed.
- Finished slopes stabilized with permanent vegetation.
- Mainline subgrade has been completely “capped” with small aggregate.
Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs being installed as required or needed.
Temporary, permanent, and post-construction BMPs remain in place.
- Construction entrances remain stabilized with aggregate.
- Eight permanent and four temporary sedimentation basins with skimmers and baffles are functional. Active stormwater treatment used as necessary to discharge clean water from basins.
- Eight Level Spreaders associated with permanent sedimentation basins are functional.
East End (SR 75)
- Construction safety zone in effect along SR75. Speed limit reduced to 45 mph.
- Final asphalt layer completed. Permanent traffic stripping remains to be completed.
- New ditch line construction on east side of north bound roadway completed.
- New ditch slopes have been protected with RECP and hay mulch.
- Detention Basin– Basin soils remain stabilized with permanent vegetation.
- Ramp and access road near church have been paved.
- Site mowing of permanent vegetation has been completed.
- Guard rail installation along shoulders is completed.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 3 rain Days: 9/2 (0.08”), 9/19 (0.73”), 9/27 (0.09”)
- Total rainfall for September was approximately 0.9 inches.
- There were no “qualifying rain events” (greater or equal to 0.75”) and no Non-Compliant conditions during September.