Monthly Construction and Environmental Update
West End (Station 2137 at SR 79 to Station 2190)
- Gas utility contractor relocation work ongoing near SR 79 utilizing both open
trench and directional bore methods of installation.
- Utility construction-related traffic control and water quality protection present, but
ALDOT is not currently working on the project near SR 79.
- No clearing or roadway construction activities have taken place on West End
near SR 79 to date.
East End (Station 2200 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- Clearing underway for road construction and haul road construction near SR75.
- Disturbance and stabilization of site completed for about 3500 feet of project.
- Soil Nail wall design and blasting plan under review by ALDOT.
- 30,000 tons of rip rap being placed for rock buttress near soil nail wall.
- Harvesting of merchantable timber almost complete.
- Permitted burning of non-merchantable woody debris from active work area
completed on April 30, 2014.
- Excavation and drainage for haul road construction ongoing.
- Temporary, permanent, and post-construction (BMPs) in place or under construction.
- Construction entrances stabilized.
- Disturbed areas temporarily stabilized with blown or hydraulically-applied
- Sediment barriers installed at buffers, stream and construction limits.
- Sediment Retention Barrier installed at several locations.
- Five sedimentation basins with skimmers and baffles completed.
- Five Level spreaders associated with permanent sedimentation basins
- Temporary slope drains, diversion berms and swales, sumps and ditch checks installed near haul road area.
- Cross drainage (48″ concrete pipe) completed near SR75.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 12 Rain Days: April 4 (0.33″), April 6 (0.06″), April 7 (4.27″), April 9 (0.06″), April 14 (0.79″), April 15 (0.85″), April 18 (0.13), April 22 (0.15), April 25 (0.11″), April 27 (0.55″), April 29 (2.32″), April 30 (0.78″)
- Total rainfall approximately 10.13″
- No water quality violations this month.
- No air-quality permit violations by ALDOT or Jefferson County.
- Inspection by ADEM performed on April 10, 2014. No major issues noted.