Monthly Construction and Environmental Update
West End (SR 79)
- Utility work related to fiber optic lines has delayed other utility relocation work. ALDOT met with utilities on January 27, 2015 to address schedule to resume and complete utility relocation work.
- Jefferson County water line installation (under separate NPDES permit) ongoing near SR 79 and Green Drive. BMPs installed by Jefferson County contractor.
- Slope clearing/roadway widening temporarily completed for winter on west side of SR79. BMPs in place.
- Temporary Sedimentation basins 31 and 32 (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly. Active pump treatment applied as necessary to discharge clean water.
Mainline (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- Jefferson County water line installation ongoing along SR75. BMPs installed by Jefferson County contractor.
- On-going construction
- Soil Nail Wall
- Retaining Wall
- Blasting of rock throughout mainline section as needed.
- Additional clearing midway thru project begun on south side
- Perimeter controls installed at newly cleared areas.
- Removing waste soil to off-site pit.
- Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs being installed as required or needed.
- Temporary, permanent, and post-construction BMPs remain in place.
- Construction entrances remain stabilized.
- Disturbed areas temporarily stabilized with blown or hydraulically-applied mulch;
- Diversion berms, slope drains, and sump excavations installed where needed.
- Sediment barriers installed at buffers, stream and construction limits.
- Six permanent and one temporary sedimentation basins with skimmers and baffles are functional. Active pump treatment used as necessary to discharge clean water from basins.
- Six Level spreaders associated with permanent sedimentation basins are functional.
- Temporary slope drains, diversion berms, swales, sumps, wattles, ditch checks, and temporary seed/mulch remain installed.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 7 Rain Days: 1/2 (0.46”), 1/3 (0.42”), 1/4 (2.31”), 1/12 (0.07”), 1/13 (0.07”), 1/23 (1.20”), 1/26 (0.37”)
- Total rainfall for January was approximately 5.0 inches
- No water quality violations.