Monthly Construction and Environmental Update
West End (SR 79)
- Section of culvert west of SR79 completed. Fill material completed over culvert for road bed. Slopes are stabilized with permanent seed, rolled erosion control products, and wattles installed at culvert walls and slopes.
- Construction safety zone in effect along SR79. Speed limit reduced to 45 mph. State Troopers are patrolling area and issuing tickets.
- Traffic will be re-routed over the completed section of culvert while the new section under SR79 is constructed.
- Sedimentation basin 6 at Old TN Pike Road excavation mostly completed with BMP installation.
- Sedimentation basin 4 area cleared, slopes stabilized, temporary seed/mulch and rolled erosion control products installed.
- Perimeter controls remain in place along stream to protect water quality.
- Sediment Retention Barrier (silt fence and hay bales) remain on north and south sides of Self Creek.
- Temporary Sedimentation basins 31, 32, and 33 (with pumps and skimmers) on SR 79 functioning properly. Active stormwater treatment applied as necessary to discharge clean water.
Mainline (Station 2150 to Station 2235 at SR 75)
- On-going construction
- Soil Nail Wall and Pneumatic Concrete Blanket
- Blasting of rock throughout mainline section as needed
- Removing waste soil and rock to off-site pits.
- Finished slopes stabilized with permanent vegetation.
- Sedimentation basin 7 at Self Creek clearing completed. Level spreader construction completed with Sediment Retention Barrier installed at west creek bank.
- Earthwork for ramps and access road have begun. Perimeter BMPs installed.
- Perimeter and other appropriate BMPs being installed as required or needed.
- Temporary, permanent, and post-construction BMPs remain in place.
- Construction entrances remain stabilized with aggregate.
- Diversion berms, slope drains, and drainage sump excavations installed where needed.
- Sediment barriers installed at buffers, stream and construction limits.
- Eight permanent and four temporary sedimentation basin with skimmers and baffles are functional. Active stormwater treatment used as necessary to discharge clean water from basins.
- Eight Level Spreaders associated with permanent Sedimentation basins are functional.
- Temporary slope drains, diversion berms, swales, sumps, wattles, ditch checks, and temporary seed/mulch remain installed.
East End (SR 75)
- Detention Basin-Earthwork excavation basin completed. Basin soils fertilized and permanently seeded.Perimeter BMPs installed to protect Self Creek.
- Road widening and inlet construction for SR 75 underway.
- Ramp and access road being prepared for paving work.
- Construction safety zone in effect along SR75. Speed limit reduced to 45 mph. State Troopers are patrolling area and issuing tickets.
Environmental Status this reporting period:
- 7 Rain Days: 10/2 (0.06”), 10/3 (0.24”), 10/4 (0.10”), 10/12 (0.14”), 10/13(0.07”), 10/28 (1.51”), 10/29 (0.03”).
- Total rainfall for October was approximately 2.05 inches.
- No water quality violations or issues for October.